Don't Meddle with ATV Safety
Always wear a helmet and other protective gear
- Never ride on public roads - another vehicle could hit you!
- Never ride under the influence of drugs and alcohol
- Never carry a passenger on a single ride vehicle
- Ride an ATV that's right for your age
- Supervise riders that are younger than 16, ATV's are not toys
- Ride only on designated trails and at a safe speed
- Take an ATV training course; refer to your owner's manual, www.colemanpowered.com or call toll free 888-405-8725. You can also find information about ATV Safety at www.cpsc.gov.
Protective Clothing & Gear
- DOT Approved Helmet
- Goggles (eye protection)
- Long Sleeved Shirt
Approved Riding Areas
- ATVs and public roads just don't mix. A collision can occur with another vehicle quickly. Don't take the chance of riding on a public road.
- ATV's are designed for off-road use. Operating an ATV on a paved surface will affect the handling and increase your risk of losing control.
- Never ride your ATV in an area not approved for ATV use. Riding in unapproved areas may lead to closure of approved areas.
- Obstacles are a part of every off-road trail and are unpredictable. Go slow and learn the trail.
- Never ride your ATV under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Single operator ATV's are designed for one operator only. A passenger can affect steering, balance and increase the risk of losing control.
- Learn to ride your ATV at speeds that match your skill level and the environment.